RebelMouse

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Christmas cards finished!
















I have loved designing the Christmas cards each year for King William Miniatures customers- I love old fashioned traditions and one of them is receiving cards at Christmas. One of the saddest things about the economy today is beautiful traditions sometimes falling by the wayside because of inflated costs- such as postage, etc. I set aside a budget for our mailing list each year, because our Christmas cards are a labor of love for our Customers, friends, and my customers are both to me.





This year's design took me a while and I wanted it to be a scene full of activity. Our 1:12 scale scene is done, but this year I am doing another card for the 1:6 scale, using some of our Bespaq furniture, including my custom wingchairs I have designed that Bespaq manufactured for our company. If you would like to receive one of the cards this year, please email me through the blog, and I will put you on the list.





The scene this year is Santa in the department store, it is roughly from the 60's, with the lady all dressed up who gives you your gift, after sitting on Santa's lap and telling him your 'list'. There are two rowed off areas, one has an exit sign, where the child receives their gift upon leaving, and the other has a sign that says, 'Line starts Here'. Happy mothers and shoppers stand behind the cordined off area watching the children's delight, and Career girl Barbie makes sure the line keeps moving. Poppy Parker Pillow Talk is dressed in Christmas Barbie 1988's gown and gives out the gifts as the children exit. McDonald's Kelly sits on Santa Ricky's knee to tell her wish list. Shoppers and moms watching are HIghland Fling Silkstone Barbie dressed in vintage coat and sheath; Grandma Barbie holds Sunshine Family baby Steven in her arms, Reluctant Debutante Poppy Parker, Body Double Veronique in moods collection coat and hat; and Agnes Von Weiss Concerto in M in Fashion Editor Sheath and hat complete the onlookers. Toys are a combination of Rement, and ornaments & barbie accessories; Tree is from Family dollar. Oriental dollhouse carpet is carried in our shop and online, as is the custom Bespaq burgundy wingchair, and French tea table, also Bespaq. Roped posts are made of dollhouse bulstrades painted with gold rub n' buff, and mounted on balsa, with a scrap of trim gilt glued from post to post. Santa's 'Nice' list includes names of my friends and family, with my stepdaughter Amanda's name at the top.





Enjoy the pictures, and I hope you look forward to receiving one of these cards this year!










~Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment