RebelMouse

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Closing of King William Miniatures website

It is with great regret that I close this blog, and, King William Miniatures & Collectibles. 

It has been a wonderful, delightful, roller coaster ride. A dream business, an accomplishment, - more than accomplishment- for I have been copied, as well as blazed a trail in my own right. Some say the greatest compliment is to be copied and I can state that is certainly true. But, all good things must at some point, come to an end. 

Within a few days the website will be closed for good. I have made the decision to close King William Miniatures & Collectibles as a business. In 2011 we closed the physical brick and mortar store and continued to sell online, do shows, and commissions. I also continued to sell under my secondary business name, Pumpkin Hill Studios on Ebay. Truth to tell, my heart has not been in it folks, for the last couple of years. I have been an artist and businesswoman seeking,(to paraphrase  Captain Kirk,)' strange new worlds, to boldly go where no artist has gone before", and I have been frankly bored. Without a challenge, in my artistic and business endeavors, it loses the purpose. King William Miniatures fulfilled its purpose- more than I ever dreamed- as did Pumpkin Hill Studios. Now, it's time to move on. 

For the most part, I have been devoting my time to my husband's company which has been taking up most of my time . LeoPaul & Associates is a commerical boiler company that I was invoicing for when my brick and mortar shop running, and many times after working a full day there, I would come home and put in some hours in the office for my husband. We have come to be a full time team and it is a new field for me, but one I enjoy. 

This blog will go dormant. My pictures of my personal projects and dioramas, and my collection, and possible commissions will still be posted in my Flicker albums. You can also check my other two blogs 
The One Sixth Scale Dollhouse and Pumpkin Hill Studios which will be active. 

I would like to thank my loyal customers over the years, and miniature friends for their support. King William Miniatures started in March of 2004, just as a little dealer at shows, N.A.M.E. state days, doing little workshops, selling kits, doing custom dollhouses, to expanding into the 1:6, 1:4, and 1:3 scales of the fashion doll world with furniture and accessories.  I adored every minute of it and haven't looked back. It stretched all of my creative skills and I have many creative projects on my list to do just for myself...that I have never had the time to build, or create because of being a dealer, or working on other commissions. Having that loyal customer/friend base has been a powerful draw to keep me 'in' the business, and I found it a blessing every day. I want to thank all of the wonderful people who have supported me every step of the way. Thank you!
Sincerely, with much love~Lisa Neault  

and now, some pics from my archives & memories- enjoy!


Custom Fairy Birdcage dollhouse 1:12 scale

Our first location inside Lakeside Towne Center

OOAK Bespaq fashion doll scale furniture 

1:3 scale Louis XV Bespaq armchairs

1:3 scale Bespaq for American Girl

1:4 scale Bespaq for Tonner, Sybarite, avant Guarde,




Custom 1:4 scale walnut Bespaq ormulu gilded swan vanity with handmade tassels

1:6 scale leather Bespaq chair, exclusive of King William Miniatures
1:6 pink pastel Bespaq wingchair, exclusive of King William Miniatures

1:6 scale exclusive Premiere 'RED Dragon' wingchair exclusive of King William Miniatures

1:6 scale wingchairs- Blue- Viceroy I Gold- Viceroy II Exclusives of King William Miniatures

1:6 scale burgundy wingchair- exclusive of King William Miniatures 

Custom OOAK Bespaq pianoforte





No comments:

Post a Comment