RebelMouse

Friday, September 23, 2011

Custom Bespaq project....what I'm working on








On my workbench has been a custom project...I have adored French furniture with ormalu gilding, intricate carving, and the Louis XV and the Louis XVl  style for ages...so I decided to try my hand when I found the correct shade of gold. I have some books on french furniture, with the terms, history, and it is fascinating to read about. One of the most versatile pieces of the large scale Bepsaq is the swan vanity. This item is in 1:4 scale, shown with Ivy Jordan (15 1/2 inches high) With the mirror left out of the slot, the item turns into a petit bureau plat, or desk. I still have more details to do on this item, since the gilding is finished, such as lining the drawers, and adding some embellishments to the stool. In my spare time I have been trying to research the furniture in the palaces of Versailles, Rambouillet, Trianon, and the terminology they used for different pieces.

The gold vanity stool will be listed in our Ebay store Pumpkin Hill Studios under the new catagory of 'Custom Bespaq' so look for the vanity soon, when I finish it. I will probably also attempt working on some armchairs and swan chairs as well, when I have finished this piece.
Also, don't forget our auctions on Ebay HERE currently running.
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment